Granola; healthy breakfast cereal for the whole family is a good way to start your day.
With the kids at home, mealtime happens almost every hour!
Have you run out of options for breakfast to satisfy the kids and even the whole family?
Here is a wonderful easy to go nutritious cereal that can save the day.
Granola is a toasted mixture of nuts, rolled oats, and a sweetener (sugar or honey) and may also contain other grains, puffed rice, seeds, dried fruit, spices, and nut butter.
Granola is calorie-dense, rich in protein, fiber, and micronutrients (particularly, it may provide iron (Fe), magnesium (Mg), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), selenium (Se), B vitamins, and vitamin E. However, its nutritional profile varies widely depending on the specific ingredients used. Little wonder we say “Granola; healthy breakfast cereal for the whole family”.
As a guide in general, granola with more dried fruits or added sweetener is higher in sugar. Nut- and seed-based varieties are higher in protein, while those with more whole grains are higher in fiber.
Serving granola as a breakfast cereal comes with many benefit:
- Saves time as it is ready to eat
- It is a high-calorie cereal and can be served to the whole family
- Healthy food with health benefits as listed below
- Filling and high in fiber: Most granola is rich in protein and fiber, which both contribute to fullness.
- Improves blood pressure. It has been shown that High-fiber ingredients like oats and flax seeds help to reduce blood pressure as seen in the National Institute of Health publication.
- Reduces cholesterol levels. Oats are a good source of beta-glucan. Beta-glucan is a type of fiber that works to reduce total and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, two risk factors for heart disease.
- Reduces blood sugar. Whole grains, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds commonly found in granola may help reduce and control blood sugar levels, particularly in people with obesity or prediabetes
- Improves gut health. Studies have shown that granola increases the levels of healthy gut bacteria, compared with refined breakfast cereals. Hence, it generally improves gut health.
- Provides many antioxidants. Most granola is rich in ingredients such as coconut, chia seeds, and Brazil nuts are they are good sources of inflammation-fighting antioxidants like gallic acid, quercetin, selenium, and vitamin E.
Wondering how you can get this Granola; healthy breakfast cereal?
We offer many varieties of granola.
Check out the above-listed granola, add your preferred variety to cart, proceed to checkout, and your healthy, sumptuous breakfast would be on its way to you!